2,000 visitors are invited to Miyako no Kanade in October 2019
JR Central announced that “Miyako no Kanade” (都のかなで), an annual music event at Kamigamo-Jinja Shrine (上賀茂神社), will be held on October 12 again this year. Kamigamo-Jinja is a shrine in Kyoto, registered on the World’s Cultural Heritage List.
The concert will be taken twice on that day. The first one starts at 15:00 and the second one starts at 18:15. 500 pairs will be invited to each of them, totally 2,000 visitors are to attend the concert. Applications will be accepted until June 7 through the web site or by postcard.
At the concert, the first movement from Concerto for Flute, Harp, and Orchestra (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart), Recitativo and Scherzo-Caprice (Fritz Kreisler), La Méditation de Thaïs (Jules Massenet), etc. will be performed.
The site of Kamigamo-Jinja Shrine is about 30 minutes away from Kyoto Station by bus. After the first performance, opens at 13:30, starts at 15:00 and ends at 16:15, guests can be back their all home stations on Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen, as in arriving at Kyoto Station at 17:15. But after the second one, opens at 17:15, starts at 18:15 and ends at 19:30, some guest cannot be back their home station on Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen, even if arriving at Kyoto Station at 20:30.
The concert will be held in the pleasant season, early part of October. It seems to be the best way to enjoy this concert is to come Kyoto by Shinkansen, enjoy the evening concert and stay a night there, visit other places in Kyoto and go back by Shinkansen again.
Overview of Miyako no Kanade
- Name of event:
- Miyako no Kanade (都のかなで)
- Sat., October 12, 2019
- the first performance, 15:00 – 16:45 (open at 13:30)
- the second performance, 18:15 – 19:30 (open at 17:15)
- Kamigamo-Jinja Shrine‘s Hosodono
- Travel by bus from Kyoto Station for 30 min. and get off at kamigamo Jinja (上賀茂神社) or Kamigamo-Misonobashi (上賀茂御薗橋), then walk for 5 min.
- Sezaki Asuka (瀬﨑明日香), violin
- Kato Erina (加藤えりな), violin
- Sugita Rie (杉田恵理), viola
- Kadowaki Hiroki (門脇大樹), chello
- Seo Kazunori (瀬尾和紀), flute
- Shinozaki Kazuko (篠崎和子) Harp
- Flute Quartet No. 1 in D major, K. 285, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Salut d’Amour by Edward Elgar
- Tempo di Minuetto by Fritz Kreisler, etc.
- 500 couples of 1,000 persons by performance, totally 1,000 couples of 2,000 persons
- Close of Application:
- Fri, June 7, 2019
- Application Details:
- Check it at the official site of “Miayako no Kanade”.