Unlimited Riding Ticket will be released for Kyushu Shinansen’s 8th anniversary.
Kyushu Shinkansen will have its 8th anniversary in this March. JR Kyushu said that they will release two special discount tickets with their continuing gratitude. One is Kyushu Shinkansen Free Pass (九州新幹線フリーパス) and the other is Kyushu Shinkansen Otonari One Coin Ticket (九州新幹線お隣ワンコインきっぷ). Kyushu Shinkansen Free Pass allows unlimited travel by Kyushu Shinkansen for a day at 10,000 yen (or 10,500 yen by purchasing at a ticket counter).
With this ticket, Travelers traveling from Hakata to the southern stations of Shin-Yatsushiro or from Kagoshima-Chuo to northern stations of Kumamoto will gain a profit. A passenger taking a round trip between Hakata and Kagoshima-Chuo will save about 49.6%.
This ticket will give a chance to go away by Kyushu Shinkansen. The ticket is usable on March 11.
Overview of Kyushu Shinkansen Free Pass (九州新幹線フリーパス)
- Name of the ticket:
- Kyushu Shinkansen Free Pass (九州新幹線フリーパス)
- Travel dates:
- Sun, March 10, 2019
- Period of selling:
- Sun, February 10, 2019 – Sat, March 9
* purchasable until a day before the travel date.
- Maximum period of travel:
- one day
- Effects of the ticket:
- This ticket allows unlimited travel on Kyushu Shinkansen between Hakata and Kagoshima-Chuo for one day. Non-reserved seats in ordinary class are available.
- Available sectors:
- whole of Kyushu Shinkansen between Hakata and Kagoshima-Chuo
- purchasing through Internet Ressha Yoyaku Service: JPY 10,000
- purchasing at a ticket counter: JPY 10,500
- Purchasable at:
- JR Kyushu Internet Ressha Yoyaku Service, JR Kyushu’s major stations, JR Kyushu Travel’s branches, Travel Center in stations and major travel vendors in Kyushu
- This ticket is NOT good for reserved seats in ordinary cars and Green Cars.
- This ticket is NOT good for local train services, Sanyo Shinkansen and Hakata Minami Line.