Otonari One Coin Ticket will be released for Kyushu Shinansen’s 8th anniversary.
Kyushu Shinkansen will have its 8th anniversary in this March. JR Kyushu said that they will release two special discount tickets with their continuing gratitude. One is Kyushu Shinkansen Otonari One Coin Ticket (九州新幹線お隣ワンコインきっぷ) and the other is Kyushu Shinkansen Free Pass (九州新幹線フリーパス). Kyushu Shinkansen Otonari One Coin Ticket allows one-way trip to the adjacent station for 500 yen.
Kyushu Shinkansen Otonari One Coin Ticket has 11 kinds of tickets between Hakata and Shin-Tosu, Shin-Tosu and Kurume, … and Sendai and Kagoshima-Chuo. Among them, the cheapest is between Shin-Tosu and Kurume (total 1,080 yen; 230 yen of fare and 850 yen of express fee) and the most expensive is between Shin-Yatsushiro and Shin-Minamata (total 2,080 yen; 840 yen of fare and 1,240 yen of express fee). Even if the fares are different, Kyushu Shinkansen Otonari One Coin Ticket costs flatly 500 yen. The ticket between Shin-Tosu and Kurume saves about 53.7%, between Shin-Yatsushiro and Shin-Minamata 75.6%.
This ticket will be good for strolling to the next station where never visited by Shinkansen. The ticket is usable on the anniversary day of March 11.
Overview of Kyushu Shinkansen Otonari One Coin Ticket (九州新幹線お隣ワンコインきっぷ)
- Name of the ticket:
- Kyushu Shinkansen Otonari One Coin Ticket (九州新幹線お隣ワンコインきっぷ)
- Travel dates:
- Sun, March 10, 2019
- Period of selling:
- Sun, February 10, 2019 – Sat, March 9
* purchasable until a day before the travel date.
- Effects of the ticket:
- This ticket allows a one-way trip to the adjacent station. A non-reserved seat in ordinary cars is available.
- Available sectors:
- between adjacent stations on Kyushu Shinkansen
- JPY 500
- Purchasable at:
- All stations on Kyushu Shinkansen, Omuta Station, Tamana Station and JR Kyushu Travel’s branches in Hakata, Kurume, Kumamoto and Kagoshima, etc.
* At a station, tickets from there are available.
* The same tickets are available at Omuta Station and Shin-Omuta Station, and Tamana Station and Shin-Tamana Station.
- This ticket is NOT good for reserved seats in ordinary cars and Green Cars.