Gachi Ticket for 2019 spring will be available soon.
JR Kyushu will releas “Gachi Ticket” (ガチきっぷ) again for the coming spring travel. This ticket allows a one-way trip by Kyushu Shiknansen and local limited express train’s no-reservation seats. The travelers must be 18-24 year old.
Overview of Gachi Ticket (ガチきっぷ)
- Name of the ticket:
- Gachi Ticket (ガチきっぷ)
- Travel dates:
- Fri, March 1, 2019 – Sun, March 31
- Period of selling:
- Fri, February 1, 2019 – Thu, March 28
* purchasable until three days before the travel date.
- Effects of the ticket:
- This ticket allows one-way trip by Kyushu Shinkansen and local limited express train’s no-reservation seats in ordinary class.
- Major available sectors and prices (e.g.):
- Hakata – Kumamoto [one-way] JPY 2,570 (JPY ▲2,040, saving about 44.2%)
- Hakata – Kagoshima-Chuo [one-way] JPY 7,710 (JPY ▲2,220, saving about 22.3%)
- Kumamoto – Kagoshima-Chuo [one-way] JPY 5,800 (JPY ▲620, saving about 9.6%)
- Kokura – Kumamoto[one-way] JPY 3,810 (JPY ▲2,850, saving about 42.7%)
- Kokura – Kagoshima-Chuo [one-way] JPY 8,950 (JPY ▲2,350, saving about 20.7%)
- This ticket is only for young travelers aged 18 to 24 on the travel date.
- Purchasable at:
- JR Kyushu’s major stations, branches of JR Kyushu Travel and major travel agencies
- Tickets from/to Kokura don’t allow to travel by Sanyo Shinkansen between Kokura and Hakata. The limited express trains are available for this section.
- Travelers are required bringing proof of their age when they purchase tickets and travel.