Fukuoka (Hakata) Depot will be opened on October 21.
JR West announced the Shinkansen’s depot in Fukuoka (Hakata) will be opened to the public as Shinkansen Fureai Day (新幹線ふれあいデー) on October 21. At the site, visitors can watch many Sanyo Shinkansen’s train cars. The cockpit of a Shinkansen train will also be opened for a few participants who selected by loto. Please note that to participate in this event, visitors need advanced registration and being in a drawing (it’s closed to new entry after September 25).
Shinkansen Frueai Day (新幹線ふれあいデー) is an event taken at Hakata Depot for appealing safe, comfortable and eco-friendly Sanyo Shinkansen with expressing their continuing gratitude. On that day, visitors can visit the cockpit. The high-speed inspection train “Doctor Yellow” will be displayed.
No admission fee is required. No advanced reservation is also required, excepting for getting into Shinkansen cockpits.
Overview of the Hakata Depot Tour
- Name of event:
- Shinkansen Fureai Day (新幹線ふれあいデー)
- Date and Hour:
- Sun, October 21, 2018, 10:00 – 16:00
* Last admission at 15:30
- Hakata Shinkansen’s Depot in Nakagawa Town, Fukuoka Pref.
- Visiting cockpits of Series N700 [Advanced Application Required]
- Display of Shinkansen cars
- Visiting facilities for Shinkansen vehicles’ examination and repairing
- Show of Sanyo Shinkansen official hero Kansenger’s staging. etc.
- Deadline of advanced applications:
- due NLT Thu. September 25 (closed)
- about 15 min. work from Hakata-Minami Station on Hakata-Minami Line
- Admission Fee: