Morning 500/300 will be released for commuting to Okayama
JR West will release new coupon typed express tickets for commuters from Fukuyama and Shin-Kurashiki to Okayama. “Morning 500” (モーニング500), which is priced at 500 yen per a trip, is for commuters from Fukuyama to Okayama and “Morning 300” (モーニング300), priced at 300, is for commuters from Shin-Kurashiki to Okayama. Commuters having magnetic commuter passes can take Hikari and Kodama trains in the morning with these tickets.
A set of “Morning 500” for travels from Fukuyama have six tickets at 3,000 yen (500 yen per a ticket) and “Morning 300” for travels from Shin-Kurashiki at 1,800 yen (300 yen per a ticket). These tickets are good from the beginning to the end of the next month of purchasing. Saving amounts are 1,230 yen from Fukuyama per a trip and 560 yen from Shin-Kurashiki. Therefore, the break-even points of these tickets are three times commuting by Shinkansen travels within a month from Fukuyama (3,690 yen, the sum of saving amount, is more than 3,000 yen of selling price) and four times from Shin-Kurashiki (2,240 yen is more than 1,800 yen).
These tickets are good for taking Hikari and Kodama leaving the departing stations (Fukuyama and Shin-Kurashiki) from 06:00 to 08:30. No reservation seats are available.
Overview of Morning 500 (モーニング500) and Morning 300 (モーニング300)
- Name of the ticket:
- Morning 500 (モーニング500)
- Morning 300 (モーニング300)
- Travel dates:
- Mon, January 1, 2018 – Sun, September 30
- Period of selling:
- Fri, December 8, 2017 – Fri, August 31, 2018
* purchasable tickets for the next month.
- Maximum period of travel:
- a month (from the beginning to the end of the month)
- Effects of the ticket:
- This ticket allows a one-way trip by designated Kodama and Hikari trains. No reservation seats in ordinary class are available.
- Trains available with this ticket
- from Fukuyama and Shin-Kurashiki to Okayama
- Kodama 722 (Fukuyama 06:10 → Shin-Kurashiki 06:23 → Okayama 06:35)
- Kodama 724 (Fukuyama 06:33 → Shin-Kurashiki 06:44 → Okayama 06:54)
- Hikari 460 (Fukuyama 07:05 → Shin-Kurashiki 07:17 → Okayama 07:27)
- Kodama 726 (Fukuyama 07:22 → Shin-Kurashiki 07:33 → Okayama 07:43)
- Kodama 728 (Fukuyama 07:47 → Shin-Kurashiki 07:58 → Okayama 08:08)
- Hikari 440 (Fukuyama 08:07 → Shin-Kurashiki 08:18 → Okayama 08:28)
- Available sectors and prices:
- Fukuyama – Okayama [one-way] JPY 500 (JPY ▲1,230, saving about 71.0%)
- Shin-Kurashiki – Okayama [one-way] JPY 300 (JPY ▲560, saving about 65.1%)
- required magnetic commuter passes
- Purchasable at:
- ticket counters in Okayama and Fukuyama area’s major stations
- Passengers having ICOCA commuter passes cannot use this ticket. ICOCA commuter passes are switchable to magnetic passes at ticket counters.
- Good for riding from Fukuyama and Shin-Kurashiki. Not allowed to travel from Okayama.