Kodama Shiteiseki Ticket was released for one-way trips.
JR West released Kodama Shiteiseki Ticket (こだま指定席きっぷ) for one-way trips as a revised one of Kodama Shiteiseki Oufuku Ticket (こだま指定席往復きっぷ) for round trips. The new ticket is same as the existing one at the point of “for at least two passengers traveling together”. The prices of new tickets are surely more expensive than 50% of those for round trips but the new one-way discount ticket allows more flexible schedules such as going by Kodama and returning by Nozomi.
Overview of Kodama Shiteiseki Ticket (こだま指定席きっぷ)
- Name of the ticket:
- Kodama Shiteiseki Ticket (こだま指定席きっぷ)
- Travel dates:
- Sat, April 1, 2017 – Sat, September 30
- Period of selling:
- Wed, March 1, 2017 – Fri, September 29
* purchasable until one days before the travel date.
- Effects of the ticket:
- This ticket allows a one-way trip by Kodama and some Hikari trains. Assigned seats in ordinary class cars are available.
- Major available sectors and prices (e.g.):
- Shin-Osaka – Okayama [one-way] JPY 3,900 (JPY ▲2,120, saving about 35.2%)
- Shin-Osaka – Hiroshima [one-way] JPY 6,800 (JPY ▲3,430, saving about 33.5%)
- Hiroshima – Hakata [one-way] JPY 5,900 (JPY ▲3,040, saving about 34.0%)
- This ticket is for at least two passengers traveling along.
- Purchasable at:
- JR West’s online booking service “e5489”, major JR stations and travel vendors around the departure area
- Shown discount rates are against regular fare.
- The train and seat must be assigned at the time of purchase. Changes are not permitted.
- This discount’s availability is limited on a train-to-train basis.