”Gachi Ticket” for spring 2017 will be available soon.
JR Kyushu released “Gachi Ticket” (ガチきっぷ) again from February 1 for the spring travel. This ticket allows a on-way trip by Kyushu Shiknansen and local limited express train’s no-reservation seats but the travelers must be 18 -24 year old.
Overview of Gachi Ticket (ガチきっぷ)
- Name of the ticket:
- Gachi Ticket (ガチきっぷ)
- Travel dates:
- Wed, March 1, 2017 – Mon, April 3
- Period of selling:
- Wed, February 1, 2017 – Fri, March 31
* available three days before the travel date
- Effects of the ticket:
- This ticket allows one-way trip by Kyushu Shinkansen and local limited express train’s no-reservation seats in ordinary class.
- Major available sectors and prices (e.g.):
- Hakata (Fukuoka City) – Kumamoto Area [one-way] JPY 2,570 (JPY ▲2,040, saving about 44.2%)
- Hakata (Fukuoka City) – Kagoshima-Chuo [one-way] JPY 7,710 (JPY ▲2,220, saving about 22.3%)
- Kumamoto Area – Kagoshima-Chuo [one-way] JPY 5,660 (JPY ▲760, saving about 11.8%)
- Kita-Kyushu City – Kumamoto Area [one-way] JPY 3,810 (JPY ▲2,850, saving about 42.7%)
- Kita-Kyushu City – Kagoshima-Chuo [one-way] JPY 8,950 (JPY ▲2,350, saving about 20.7%)
- This ticket is only for young travelers, aged 18 to 24.
- Purchasable at:
- JR Kyushu’s stations, travel centers in stations, branches of JR Kyushu Travel and major travel agencies
- “Kumamoto Area”, shown in available sectors, includes stations between Kumamoto and Suizenji, and Kami-Kumamoto. The local train services are usable on these sections.
- Tickets from/to Kitakyushu City don’t allow to travel by Sanyo Shinkansen between Kokura and Hakata. The limited express trains are available for this section.
- Travelers are required bringing proof of their age when they purchase ticket and travel.